Looking for a way to smoothen and exfoliate your skin and lips? Try this easy, homemade sugar scrub recipe that contains only 2 ingredients!
We love this spa day at home indulgence because brown sugar is a versatile and accessible ingredient that does a great job of exfoliating your skin. It’s more gentle on skin than sea salt and is especially ideal for sensitive skin. We hope you’ll love this brown sugar scrub recipe as much as we do.
What You'll Need
– 1/2 cup, brown sugar
– 1/2 cup, oil of choice (such as coconut, jojoba, olive, almond, or grapeseed)
– Essential oil of choice (optional)
Directions for Sugar Scrub
1. Combine the sugar and oil in a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly
2. If needed, add more sugar or oil to get the consistency you want
3. Add 1-2 drops of your favorite essential oil, stir into the mixture (optional)
4. Add the scrub mixture into a container with a spoon to store
5. After use, be sure to rinse thoroughly after you’ve exfoliated your skin
How to Use Body Scrub
You Can Use This Body Scrub in the Bath or Shower
Make sure your body is wet with warm water before applying the scrub (hot water can dry your skin). Apply the scrub with your hands, and cover your body with a good amount of the body scrub. Massage it into your skin using circular motions. Rinse off well, until the scrub is completely off of your skin. Use a moisturizing body lotion when you’re done to help lock in moisture.
How Often Should You Use Body Scrubs?
You should use a body scrub only once or twice per week. If you’ve never used a body scrub before or are trying a new one, make sure you test the body scrub on a small patch of your skin before to see if your skin has a reaction.
How to Use This Scrub As a Lip Exfoliator
Apply a generous amount of the scrub to clean lips and use gentle circular motions to exfoliate. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry your lips. Apply a moisturizing lip balm to keep your lips moisturized.
How Often Should You Use Lip Scrubs?
You should use a lip scrub only once or twice per week. If you’ve never used a lip scrub before or are trying a new one, apply a small amount at first.